What do immigrants and others impacted need to know?
• Everyone has basic rights, no matter who is president.
• You have the right to remain silent. You may refuse to speak to immigration officers.
• Carry a know-your-rights card
and any valid U.S. immigration document you have.
• Do not open your door unless the officer shows you a warrant signed by a judge.
• You have the right to speak to a lawyer. Before you sign anything, talk to a lawyer.
• Let ICE officers know if you have children, health problems, or other factors that may cause you or your family to suffer if you are arrested.
• Report and document raids and arrests. Call United We Dream’s hotline to report a raid: 1-844-363-1423.